Powering on?

I am Noah

Hey! Got my battery's wired up. Only problem is when I flick the switch nothing happens. Did I do something wrong?
k4b2g6.jpg

Indicator says there good.
2mcx1dc.jpg

To ac and charge ports
mb0ges.jpg

Dpdt switch
2dj739d.jpg

To console.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

Did you check to see if your Cart slot rewire worked before wiring up the battery? Does the red light turn on on the n64?

What is your battery voltage and amperage? make sure it isn't too high or too low. Also check you cartridge leads to see if they're all soldered correctly.

Noah_64 said:
What is your battery voltage and amperage? make sure it isn't too high or too low. Also check you cartridge leads to see if they're all soldered correctly.
Amperage really can't be too high, unless there's a short somewhere on the board.
Also how many bloody Noahs does this site need?

I still don't really understand what's wrong with my wiring. Ivery tripple checked the battery wiring, power wiring, and the cart slot wiring. Still, I gots nothing

Grab a multimeter, set it to volts, and connect positive to the N64 12V line and negative to the N64 GND line. What reading do you get? Do the same for the 3.3V line.

Prog said:
Grab a multimeter, set it to volts, and connect positive to the N64 12V line and negative to the N64 GND line. What reading do you get? Do the same for the 3.3V line.
thing is... I don't have one. Is there any way around without a multimeter?
First time modder :lol:
Thanks!

You're gonna have a lot of trouble finding bad wiring without a multimeter. Get one.

I second that, not having a multimeter would be like the mechanic asking where your dipstick was. You also cannot be 100% sure your wiring is even worth a Dang without a way to check.

Re:

DuHasst0 said:
I second that, not having a multimeter would be like the mechanic asking where your dipstick was. You also cannot be 100% sure your wiring is even worth a Dang without a way to check.
I ordered one off amazon for like 8 bucks. Should be here on friday. I'll update you guys when it comes :D

Prog said:
Just got my multimeter. So which side do I turn the knob to? Lol I know I sound like a noob, but I switched it to the bottom, the 200 tab, and got a reading of "1970"(lol I have no idea what I'm doing)
Any help is greatly appreciated! Here's the link to the multimeter
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00TWTLWT ... ref=plSrch
Thanks!

You just measured a resistance value :p . You have to turn the knob to the DC voltage reader (upper left area). Start at 600, then go down one unit at a time until you get a reading. Do not start at a low range as you might fry your multimeter. As a beginner you should've bought an automatic range multimeter...

Pinotte said:
You just measured a resistance value :p . You have to turn the knob to the DC voltage reader (upper left area). Start at 600, then go down one unit at a time until you get a reading. Do not start at a low range as you might fry your multimeter. As a beginner you should've bought an automatic range multimeter...
Lol thanks!
For 3.3 I got .002
For 12v, I got 3.28

Ok, so the 3.3v line should read 3.3v and the 12v line should read 12v. You seem to have wired 3.3v to the 12v line.

Back