WTMake for u: NES Cartridge Hard Drive

Takes seconds to break out that bottom. Why pay $100 for the mini drive when I can get a 2.5" for half the price? And I hate to rain on your parade, but anyone here is capable of making one themselves. It's pretty Dang easy.

Tibia said:
Takes seconds to break out that bottom. Why pay $100 for the mini drive when I can get a 2.5" for half the price? And I hate to rain on your parade, but anyone here is capable of making one themselves. It's pretty Dang easy.

Because breaking out the bottom makes it look ugly DERP!

ALSO DERP I AM QUITE AWARE! There are some people who come here just to buy cool projects I would bet.

epicelite said:

Then don't do that.
You don't have to.

Heck I could fit a 2.5" in an N64 cart if I wanted.

Oh god an idea.
I should wire up a SATA Port an N64 Cartridge Connector, and stick a 2.5" Sata HDD in an N64 Cart, wired up to the pins.
Use it as an eSATA HDD.
Use 'em as boot-discs.
XP64, Vista64, Ubuntu64, make up nice labels.
Just use my 1.5TBs for storage, nothing more.
"Oh yeah? My Computer takes N64 Cartridges! BOOYAH"

Nice 512th post, it's about computers! Kewl.

A week or so ago a thread regarding your idea was put up on BH but it wasn't just for HDs. It was to include SATA, PATA, and several USBs. It was in a NES cart instead as well.

jleemero said:
epicelite said:

Then don't do that.
You don't have to.

Oh god an idea.
I should wire up a SATA Port an N64 Cartridge Connector, and stick a 2.5" Sata HDD in an N64 Cart, wired up to the pins.
Use it as an eSATA HDD.
Use 'em as boot-discs.
XP64, Vista64, Ubuntu64, make up nice labels.
Just use my 1.5TBs for storage, nothing more.
"Oh yeah? My Computer takes N64 Cartridges! BOOYAH"

DOOOO ITTTTT!!!!!!! :D

jleemero said:
Then don't do that.
You don't have to.

With corners of the drive coming through the top of the cart, you could. Or using two carts. 2.5" drives won't fit in a single N64 cart.

Back