WTB portable record player.

themadhacker

Crazy Train
I have been looking for a nice condition portable record player. One of the ones that looks like a small suitcase when closed. It needs to be battery operated. Also, I need it to have a good needle.

Also, if you have any old ozzy or bon jovi records, I am looking for those too.

Or you could try out one of those new things called "MP3 players"

they take up like a fraction of the space and u dont need huge records!

epicelite said:
Or you could try out one of those new things called "MP3 players"

they take up like a fraction of the space and u dont need huge records!

He's got a point. There's really no such thing as a portable record player. Luggable, yes, but by today's standards not portable. Although you may enjoy the alleged "advantages" of records at home, I'm sure you can tough it out with an MP3 player when you go out. Rip from your records and encode with a lossless codec, pretty much the same sound (unless your soundcard is crap).

If you still want one for whatever reason, well, I don't know if anyone even has one anymore.

yeah, I have one of those things called mp3 players. But I want this for a few different reasons. For one, as you all know, I prefer vinyl and cassette over other music formats. So I like to collect them and play them a lot. Then there is the fact that I like to be different. Then there is the biggest reason. In my spanish class, There is this freshmen girl that i have grown quite fond of. As it turns out, she is a huge vinyl freak like me. She likes all the great hair and glam metal bands of the 80's. So I thought that it would be cool for me to bring in a record player so we could listen to say, quiet riot on vinyl during lunch or when we aren't doing any work.

So, long story short, offer records and player or GTFO!

themadhacker said:
yeah, I have one of those things called mp3 players. But I want this for a few different reasons. For one, as you all know, I prefer vinyl and cassette over other music formats. So I like to collect them and play them a lot. Then there is the fact that I like to be different. Then there is the biggest reason. In my spanish class, There is this freshmen girl that i have grown quite fond of. As it turns out, she is a huge vinyl freak like me. She likes all the great hair and glam metal bands of the 80's. So I thought that it would be cool for me to bring in a record player so we could listen to say, quiet riot on vinyl during lunch or when we aren't doing any work.

So, long story short, offer records and player or GTFO!
hmm. i do the same thing, except i bring mah dreamcast to school and we play jet set radio on the screen i makedid. :mrgreen:

also, so this isnt spam, there was a portable record player in the antiques mall last time i was there. i'll go check. ;)

themadhacker said:
make sure that it plays 33 and 45 rpm. 75 would be nice. also, it needs to fully work.
i said it did. what are you willing to pay?
i'll check later tonight or tomorrow.
:D :awesome:

I relly don't know how much i would want to pay. I know a lot of antique malls to overprice on some things like that. did you happen to see the price last time you were there?

have you thought about getting one of those childrens ones? One was featured in austin powers. I had a few as a child. It was made to look like a big crayola box...I wonder what happened to it....

I actually did consider buying one of the kids ones. you know. fisher price or something. but they look too kiddy for me. I mean, sure I could paint it up and piut white zombie or ozzy decals on it to make it look cool. but then there is the fact that it was once owned by a possibly careless child that was very hard on the needle.

True. I had a few of them for a reason. The last one was a blue unit, if I remember correctly. I think I actually did some scratching on it and broke the stylus....Ah to be 4 again...

Maybe you should just hack a normal record player?

Introducing..... THE RECORDPLAYERp!

Back