Wow its been a while...

Fat Mule

Hey everyone, i doubt anyone remembers me, but a while ago i was interested in N64 Portables. I had a great fascination with them and how they were created. I planed to create one roughly a year ago but never truly got around to making it or even starting to make it... I have recently noticed people calling "the gold age of GCP's" and I thought maybe I could ride the train on this one... So i was wondering if anyone could give me some support, or positive advice as to which I should take the plunge into first, and how to go about doing so. Im sorry if this seems like Im asking for alot of help, but without it I doubt I could every have the knowledge or willpower to create either of them. So thank you everyone for reading my post and maybe helping me out!

-Mule

Read both the N64 and Gamecube megastickies. Then read them again. Once you have read them attempt to go along with them and if you need help make a worklog thread and be specific as to what you need help on. As for whether to do the Gamecube or N64, I would personally say to start out doing an N64 portable, but it's completely up to you. This is your project!

Good luck, and welcome back.

I would start out with a n64p because in my opinion a gcp is much harder to make (mostly because of the pots in the triggers). But is entirely up to you.

MarioOwnsAll

Hermaphroditus said:
Read both the N64 and Gamecube megastickies. Then read them again. Once you have read them attempt to go along with them and if you need help make a worklog thread and be specific as to what you need help on. As for whether to do the Gamecube or N64, I would personally say to start out doing an N64 portable, but it's completely up to you. This is your project!

Well I'm all for reading the mega stickies. Getting out and just doing it is a lot more fun and a lot easier imo.
I believe noobs just need to get out and do it to learn.

So get out there get a couple gamecubes and a screen or two and star learning :p

BoFoSho said:
Hermaphroditus said:

Well I'm all for reading the mega stickies. Getting out and just doing it is a lot more fun and a lot easier imo.
I believe noobs just need to get out and do it to learn.

So get out there get a couple gamecubes and a screen or two and star learning :p

only problem with "going out and doing it" is tht u pay for it in the long run $$$ :(

Its all logic: buy a bunch of connectors- a/v cables, etc, and plug the screen into the gamecube with it. Now rip it apart, take wires, and figure out how to replace the cable connections with them.

Basement_Modder said:
Its all logic: buy a bunch of connectors- a/v cables, etc, and plug the screen into the gamecube with it. Now rip it apart, take wires, and figure out how to replace the cable connections with them.

but theres a big difference from knowing how to do it...and actually using your skills to be able to it.

Back