Wolfenstien 3-D a good game?

the fact that it has been ported to every game console, os, and smartphone ever, should speak for itself..

samjc3 said:
the fact that it has been ported to every game console, os, and smartphone ever, should speak for itself..
Everyone knows games cant speak (unless on acid...)
I want personal opinions.

banditpaw1 said:
samjc3 said:
Everyone knows games cant speak (unless on acid...)
I want personal opinions.
Wolfenstein 3D can speak. Such phrases as "Guten Tag!" and "Eine Kleine Amerikaner"

Anyways, Wolfenstein 3d is big on nostalgia for me. Also, there's a hidden stage (I think in the episode with Hitler) that pays homage to one of the original arcade games. Awesome little easter-egg.

You can probably get it for free, it's really old. It's like the original FPS, so play it! It only sort of runs on modern computers though, you may need to run it in DOSbox or an old junker.

Unless there's any nostalgia involved, it's not really that enjoyable.

Doom is loads better

Doom is infinitely better.

Wolf3d has a nostalgia factor that probably only those who played it when it first came out could really appreciate. There is no movement bob, no elevation, no ceiling/floor textures, no jumping, and no looking up/down.

In other words, pure :awesome:.

I remember downloading the original shareware version from my local BBS at the time. I was ecstatic, was the best thing I'd ever seen - great atmosphere (come on, you're going through a Nazi castle killing Nazis. And I want my scalps,) and the soundtrack was awesome for the time period.

Download and play it, just to play the game that is said to spawn all other first person shooters. Blake Stone and countless others spawned from that one game alone.

on the topic of old-school iD games: Heretic. As a fun easter egg, try out all your Doom cheat codes in that game.

Back