wii portable?

gman

I get why to make a wii laptop, but why would i want to make a wii handheld? to me, it would use gamecube controls and it would play mostly gamecube games, but if you were smart, you could have a classic controller and a gc controller in one so you could play gc games and some wii games. What would i be able to play with a wii portable that i cant do with a gamecube portable?

gman said:
I get why to make a wii laptop, but why would i want to make a wii handheld? to me, it would use gamecube controls and it would play mostly gamecube games, but if you were smart, you could have a classic controller and a gc controller in one so you could play gc games and some wii games. What would i be able to play with a wii portable that i cant do with a gamecube portable?
I've long professed the idea of having a switch to alternate between classic controller and gamecube controller. I guess your question really comes down to "Which Wii games support gamecube and/or Classic Controller?"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ga ... Controller

Another thing to consider would be yet another option in the switch to make the controls act as a sideways wiimote to add in support for games like NSMBW

Well i suck at super smash bros. I only know how to hammer the c stick using link. No component cable requirement is good enough of a reason to use a wii just to play gamecube games since the component cable is expensive. I'll have to try out using two controllers combined together, that would be sweet if it works. It would be awesome to play fifa on the go.

For the controller, Wii classic controllers can be wired up to a gamecube, but I dont know how it goes with the gamecube analog triggers. This video shows that the CC but not CC pro has analog triggers, but if they work the same on a gamecube is uncertain.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTsDsw32SIA
If you include a CC you will also need a wiimote connected wirelessly in the portable.

Back