Wii CFW BS

ToastBucket

tost
Hey so I put cfw on my wii a while ago and now I want rid of it. Kinda goofed though and now i'm a little confused. Basically, i've got a wii running some custom firmware as well as bootmii, but no homebrew channel. Is there anything i can do to save this? Or at least get it to run netflix (that's all i need it to do, really). The wii shop channel gives me a blue error screen when i launch it.

Ashen said:
Just connect to the internet and update to 4.3?

U don't wanna update if your wii is hacked/running cfw/softmodded. If you update there is a highly chance that you will brick your wii, meaning it's useless. My friend did this a couple months ago and now his wii is useless. So Updating via Nintendo over wifi is not an option. If you want to get rid off the cfw you should of backed up your NAND right after you installed the homebrew channel, then restore in Bootmii. Wii softmodding in general is confusing if you don't know what you are doing. Do you know if you ever installed any CIOS?

I believe I installed custom IOS 289? The most recent thing I did before all this was reinstall the system menu after a semi-brick using the WAD manager. I've even tried updating, and it just fails to update. I don't have the homebrew channel anymore and don't really know how to get it back or anything. Its not a disaster if this thing goes because I honestly haven't used it in a year and don't have much need for it at all. My sister just wants to run netflix on it.

ToastBucket said:
I believe I installed custom IOS 289? The most recent thing I did before all this was reinstall the system menu after a semi-brick using the WAD manager. I've even tried updating, and it just fails to update. I don't have the homebrew channel anymore and don't really know how to get it back or anything. Its not a disaster if this thing goes because I honestly haven't used it in a year and don't have much need for it at all. My sister just wants to run netflix on it.

It's probably IOS 249 (they don't have 289 lol). Um do you have Priiloader Installed? It is possible that you cant use the wiishop channel is due to priiloader blocking it. Or if you want netflix you can find it online (search like Netflix wii wad) and install it with WAD Manager.

I'm pretty sure I updated my Wii the official Nintendo way everytime I updated, and I never had any issues. I think the only way you'd have problems is if you have a bunch of wads installed or some flax. Just having a few CIOS or CMIOS installed shouldn't brick your wii with an official update.

As far as just getting the homebrew channel back, just re-letterbomb or bannerbomb/whatever hack you initially used to get it there in the first place.

First, if you're worried about bricking, backup the NAND via bootmii. That should be able to recover you from pretty much any brick you throw at it (except a physical one). Then I'd just do the official update as Ashen suggested. The only instance of a brick I can recall from updating a hacked console involved a korean wii or something like that.

as for reinstalling homebrew channel, Ashen's suggestions should probably work, as should the SmashStack which cannot ever be blocked.

Use dop-mii or some other program to fix your IOSs/install the latest shop channel, or just update like Ashen said and it'll do all that automatically. You can use smashstack or one of the other disc game exploits later to reinstall the homebrew channel if you want.

Back