Why I get frustrated sometimes....

weaponepsilon

Master Collector
I am in a band. We practice in a pad downtown Minneapolis. The place has gone through many renovations, the latest being a concert hall and reception hall. ON the weekend, there are weddings, on the weekdays (when I am at practice) there are events in the concert hall. Its gets annoying because there are punk ass highschoolers everywhere. I Pay for rent, I dont need punks from the burbs thinking they're ganstas coming to screw around. :/cranky old man:

now, I ran across the owner, Patrick and a cop when we were loading out for a gig and I told him that we need more police for their teeny bopper raves. They said everything was under control.

http://www.startribune.com/local/ea...UnP::DE8c7PiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aULPQL7PQLanchO7DiUr

We came out of practice 5 minutes after this happened. It it sobering at times to be "right".

More stressful than nervewracking. I basically warned the people about all of this, they did nothing. Now there is no more raves and 1 less kid.

I warned them initially because I almost got a splatter spree on a rave night. I had gotten into my car and was driving across the intersection (I had green) and a whole crowd of kids walked into the intersection into traffic. They did nothing other than stand there as my car drove towards them. Some even flipped my off and just stood there. I was all, ""!@#! it" Gas in, Clutch in, slow release....Peeled out, sent them running. I do feel like a grumpy old man yelling, "Hey you kids...GET OFF OF MY LAWN!"

But still. I think that was even the same officer I talked to who responded.

well, realistically, more police wouldnt have solved the problem. they could only help if they new beforehand, and cops, being, for the most part, uninformed bums with a badge that says "hey, i can get you in trouble, for whatever i feel like, so watch it" wouldnt be very helpful. :dah:

the 1 cop working security was on the other side of the building when this occurred. If another officer was there at the door, this wouldnt have happened.

There isn't really a solution.

Rave music isn't even gangstas, some of it (especially MC driven skank vocal stuff we have in the UK) just attracts showoffs, it's all rented cars, designer clothing to be returned tomorrow and cheap champagne, none of them are really gangstas or rudeboys, they just have bare guns and bling and a nasty attitude.

Youth violence is always going to happen.

Bunch of people in the road no mooving...hmmm...

Reverse, quite a bit
Rev that engine
Hold down that horn
Take off, but then stop right before you hi them

They'll flax there panst and run away.

I know, I've seen it done. :dah:

SS

i revved my car and made tracks, they ran.

kickback, I know what you mean, but these are 16-18 year old kids. The club is a long building, and there are only 2 entrances. One goes to the reception hall/cafe/studios. The other is on the opposite end around a corner. If a cop had been posted by that entrance, there would've been more of a presence. The one who was there was at the reception hall since there was a somali wedding.

weaponepsilon said:
kickback, I know what you mean, but these are 16-18 year old kids. The club is a long building, and there are only 2 entrances. One goes to the reception hall/cafe/studios. The other is on the opposite end around a corner. If a cop had been posted by that entrance, there would've been more of a presence. The one who was there was at the reception hall since there was a somali wedding.

true, there are bare police patrolling around london now because of the highish crime rates. lol

Back