What simple projects should I do?

TheNineRings

Official Hypello of ModRetro
What simple projects should I do to get my soldering skills up to snuff? The current project I am working on is a GBC, working on frontlighting it, but I need a new case, so that is frozen for the moment. Any suggestions?

i started with fixing headphones, then i relocated the cartridge slot on a SNES mini several times. it was boring, but i gained quite a bit of exp points. (i then leveled the "steady hands" skill by standing on my head holding my moms fine china)

really though, i think you should just launch into something. after all, necessity is the mother of skill increases. :dahroll:

samjc3 said:
i started with fixing headphones, then i relocated the cartridge slot on a SNES mini several times. it was boring, but i gained quite a bit of exp points. (i then leveled the "steady hands" skill by standing on my head holding my moms fine china)

really though, i think you should just launch into something. after all, necessity is the mother of skill increases. :dahroll:
This for sure. I relocated the cart slot on my genesis 3 about five times. I'd say the only reason I can solder well is because of that.

Fried n64 motherboards. Also, try building your own case for the gameboy colour, get some casework experience.

I usually do the "watch and learn" and "leap before you think too hard" moves.

Anyway, I started making flashlights when I was young.

Random little projects FTW. Usually I do them when I want something or see something cool and easily hackable. One time I found a clock radio and hacked it into a (semi) portable one. Another time I swapped the LED on my Playstation when I had it open.

make a homemade vibrator and give it to your girlfriend. If you don't have one, then give it to your favorite (female) teacher as a present.

themadhacker said:
make a homemade vibrator and give it to your girlfriend. If you don't have one, then give it to your favorite (female) teacher as a present.

Best idea in this thread.

Back