What about this as a start to the modding world

nickerous

Never made a portable and am not keen on ruining multiple consoles in an attempt to make one. Instead, what about starting with making a "Wii U" like screen and controller enclosure for ps3, ps2, or gamecube? I figure buy one of those wii u controller shells, add a screen with the correct inputs, split the controller, and throw in battery so I wont have two different wires tethering my contraption to the console.

I know it is not a portable, but it allows me to play off tv like the wii u. The only thing is it would not be wireless. I think I could live with that, though. What do you folks think?

Well you could make it wireless with a wireless video transmitter and receiver. If you hooked all the consoles to a video switcher and had the output feed into the transmitter, you could have a wireless video feed like the Wii u. The only problem I could see is the controller. If you made some sort of unified controller like what Bacteria did with his unity system, you could possible get it to work. I don't have the link at the moment but go and look at his project, its pretty crazy.

I was thinking of doing something like this awhile ago, but I was little and had no clue how to do it. Give it a try! I would love to see something like this done. Perhaps if you look at MBB, and look at how Bacteria made the controller for Project Unity. It might help a little.

Back