West Coast Tsunami Warning

I don't know, how far inland are you? In Oregon, you're pretty north of everything.

I'm on the east side of Vancouver Island, so it's all good. JD, ten miles from the coast and below sea level is a lot different than ten miles from the coast and a mile upward.

I bet the earthquake is just a cover story for Godzilla attacking again.

WOOOOO OMGOMGOMGOMOGJIDJFKLDHFKLSDJAKLJFJ TSUNAMIIIII

IM GOING TO THE BEACH TODAY

IT WAS NICE KNOWING YOU LOVELY FOLKS.

IM TAKING THE CCUBE WITH ME IN THE TSUNAMI YOU FOOLS!!!!

budnespid said:
Palmer is in the the danger zone I believe.
Palmer could probably throw a rock into the ocean from his house. He said on Facebook this morning that he was going inland before the rush started, plus the tsunami wasn't as bad as they thought it would be in the US, so he should be good.

vskid3 said:
budnespid said:
Palmer is in the the danger zone I believe.
Palmer could probably throw a rock into the ocean from his house. He said on Facebook this morning that he was going inland before the rush started, plus the tsunami wasn't as bad as they thought it would be in the US, so he should be good.
Yeah that's where I heard about it too.

Glad it wasn't that bad.

Just got back! Everything is chill. Copy pasta from Facebook below.

When I left:
I live literally 30 or 40 yards from the waterline on the California coast.

Tsunami warning is in effect as a result of the 8.9 quake, Japan got totaled. Evacuation has already started further north on the coast, we are going to try to get out before the sirens go off. Otherwise, roads are going to be too jammed to get anywhere. Wish me luck.

When I got back, 3 minutes ago:
We got out to my Grandma's house in Palm Desert and spent the night there. A few hours after we left, a police helicopter was going up and down our coast yelling at people over a loudspeaker to evacuate the coast. Glad I was not waking up to that! Everything looks like it is going to be just fine, though, we were well protected by Catalina island in front, and San Pedro mountain way over on the other side of the harbor. The real worry should be for the people in Japan!

Thanks for all the well wishing!

Yeah, it was pretty crazy.

My dad sent me an email this morning (because I'm in Monterey) asking if it would affect me. I live on a hill, approximately 400ft above sea level (only a mile from the bay, 2 miles from the actual west coast). I told him that if it got to me, it would get most of California.

Back