WBFS manager is being dumb! :(

bentomo

Frequent Poster
This is a really weird error, I've tried multiple readers, sd cards, computers everything. WBFS won't work for me anymore.

The error is games are successfully added in less than a second, no matter the size, and they don't show up in the list on the drive. And they don't work on my gamecube fusion or any other wbfs device I've got.

Seriously, multiple computers readers, isos, and sd cards? What could possibly be the reason?

Obviously you've done the basic hardware troubleshooting, but have you tried the "ridiculous" things like, re-downloading the file? And, to make sure, of course you are using the one from the WKF site? Also, what kinds of isos, trimmed, untrimmed, self-ripped, etc?

Also, I'd recommend using the computer/reader that has worked before, one less thing to troubleshoot. It's probably more of a software issue than anything.

SS

I've done all of that, this is the very same hardware I've used that worked fine before. And yes only wbfs manager works with gamecube games.

And I even tried wbfs backup manager, another iso manager, but it doesn't work with gamecube isos. AND IT DID THE SAME THING! Seriously this is baffling.

Its probably a software thing. Windows update often *Can'tSayThisOnTV*s things up. I'm pretty sure WBFS manager rely's on .net framework 4.0. I'd check and make sure all that is kosher.

Ben, if those games don't show up, they are not true ISO files.

Try other games that are the proper GB size and are ISO for sure. I would try to drag certain package games onto the manager and they would not show up. This just means they are some other format sadly.

I can see them in the left list just fine. They show up and the size is listed. However they just won't show up on the sd card or function on the cube. I'm running windows 8 with a modded start menu on my laptop, and the other computer was my server computer running windows 7.

I downloaded microsoft net framework 4 and 8 said it's already part of the system.

Ugh this makes it impossible to even use the cube.

Ok so another update. I downloaded a wii iso to try out and it worked fine. This doesn't makes sense

I made a new swiss iso with the latest swiss and that doesn't work, using the header faker, which technically makes it a wii iso. And I tried downloading other gamecube isos and those didn't work either?

So why are only full game wii isos working with wbfs manager?

This may sound dumb, but is your wiikey on 1.5 firmware?

Other than that, format your SD card with windows. Fat 32/ntfs. It doesnt really matter. Then format again with wbfs manager 4.0

Have tried pretty much all of that.

I think I'm going to go and use the linux qwbfs manager and give that a shot.

Ok got it working now. I switched over to 4, I forgot that was the latest one.

The main wbfs site goes directly to 3, and I even downloaded earlier versions than that.

Back