Venom controller

Hi I'm new and I recently bought a gamecube, gameboy advance and Venom controler so I can start my gamecube portable project

unfortunately I hit a problem with the venom contoller, the X button needs to be held for a second or two for it to even get a response where normally a button tap would do. is there a way for me to possibly fix this, what could be a possibly cause of this?

Good things:
-will most likely fix your problem

Bad Things:
-They're really clicky! Not a really bad problem, but it's sort of annoying and doesn't feel like the game's controls (unless you want to use rubber ones like this)
-may involve "rasping" parts of the controller's PCB (this page does it with a regular GameCube controller, but it's the same idea) b/c the contacts used by controllers are sometimes graphite, and solder will not stick to that

Being honest, I think your problem might be because the controller hasn't been really used much. I know that when I used to buy controllers for my consoles the buttons were somewhat unresponsive. As I wore them out though, buttons became easier to press.

But if the problem is that you need to press longer (not harder) that may be something you can't fix. You won't really be able to know until you've tried troubleshooting.

Back