TW: Pimped out Game Gear

epicelite

Frequent Poster
TW = Testing Water :D

Would anyone be interested in a a pimped out Game Gear?

LED backlight
Video/audio caps replaced
MAYBE video out?
Fresh new coat of paint(your choice)

Anyone?

I've got over a dozen with all new caps and LED backlights. As for the video out, are you doing it yourself? I'm not sure you've got steady enough hands to pull it off.

Not much; it's all fairly easy and you can only pimp such a flaxty thing so far.

The LCD, it's atrocious.

I tend to get about $20 + shipping for an LED modded standard dark grey one. I get more for the few blue ones I've done, but not much. I won't pay more than $15 shipped for one, working or not. If it has games I don't already own, I might go over that, but not usually by much.

That's why I buy in bulk. Lot of 100 LEDs + resistors, lots of 100 caps. For $30, I can do about 70 GGs.

And were you thinking about doing the video out mod yourself?

Tibia said:
That's why I buy in bulk. Lot of 100 LEDs + resistors, lots of 100 caps. For $30, I can do about 70 GGs.

And were you thinking about doing the video out mod yourself?

Can I buy a pack of parts from you for $5? :mrgreen:

Yes I was considering it. Might even try to etch a PCB.

ٍهلى عح بخق شى ثلآشغ شؤؤخعىف؟ ـعسف لاعغ ش رهسش لهبفؤشقي شىي مخشي هف هىفخ حشغحشمو ىخف اشقي شف شممزلآش

PalmerTech said:
ٍهلى عح بخق شى ثلآشغ شؤؤخعىف؟ ـعسف لاعغ ش رهسش لهبفؤشقي شىي مخشي هف هىفخ حشغحشمو ىخف اشقي شف شممزلآش

I demand an explanation for this text in...? Aeribic?

PalmerTech said:

يو palmertech ، أنا سعيد جدا بالنسبة لكم ، واسمحوا imma الانتهاء ، ولكن bibin حققت واحدا من أفضل الطبعة الخلفية في كل مرة!

Woops, switched font on accident.

I was saying "Basement Modder, just get your own eBay and paypal accounts, then move money from a Visa gift card into it."

Back