swiss autoboot freeze at ''INIT WIIKEY FUSION''

Hello everyone I finally get work swiss autoboot on my GC but when I launch swiss it freeze at '' INIT WIIKEY FUSION'', I have try whit a SD card 4Gb LEXAR, is the SD card not compatible or what ?

it sounds like you are using an older version of swiss which would "lockup" when a WBFS card was detected...this was resolved as of swiss r216

I test with a FAT32 SD...
You instal me swiss R216, is it the last version ? And I have read in topic that swiss is not compatible with WBFS format.

Can you confirm me that ?

When you are booting Swiss from the Wiikey Fusion for the first time you have to use the "sd card switch method". It is all contained in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XwKvi8asFE

From what I've heard the Swiss Flasher .iso does not work at all, if that's what you're using. You would need to boot the "swiss(pal).iso" file contained in the .zip when you download Swiss.

Blargaman91 said:
From what I've heard the Swiss Flasher .iso does not work at all, if that's what you're using

does not work?
nonsense...only those who fail to follow direction achieve failure and thru their incompentence blame a proven method to be at fault...

It's not the flasher, there are 3 swiss iso files that are usually in a release, the ntsc and ntscj iso files don't work but the pal one does.

DuHasst0 said:
It's not the flasher, there are 3 swiss iso files that are usually in a release, the ntsc and ntscj iso files don't work but the pal one does.

the corruption you speak of regarding NTSC / NTSC-J firmware is a separate known and numerously documented issue which was only related to the official 0.3 r174 release...this has been addressed and fixed as of r220.

I'm on the same issue right now.
I'm using a IPL v1.0 board, Swiss r216 flashed to the WKF and a generic FAT32 8gb SD card. I'm pretty confident on my wiring, did it multiple times and never failed. I've already rechecked the soldering joints and it seems very good. Also tried to perfectly aligning the FFC cable, reformatted the sd card twice and also used different cards.

Someone have a clue of what's wrong?

Same problem... WKF worked fine before I loaded games onto the SD card. Now mine doesn't even freeze at the "init wiikey fusion" screen, it flashes briefly but immediately switches to "select device".

EDIT: If I unplug then replug in the sd card and then select wkf as the device, the following "init" screen freezes.

swiss appears "frozen" because it loops trying to read a bad card init
but swiss is not actually "frozen", there is just no other button options to use during this card read attempt..

solution:
try pressing pin29 if you get this message
swiss will abort trying to read the card and exit to swiss main menu
from the main menu, select WKF and swiss will reinitialize the card and the contents will be displayed in the browser...

....but what if you have no pin29 switch? ....thats your fault

Re: Re: swiss autoboot freeze at ''INIT WIIKEY FUSION''

megalomaniac said:

I keep tossing that thought in my head for my portable, looks like I might need to do that any way. Not that I'm having problems with swiss at the moment. Just of my memory serves me right I'm going to need the switch for emulators of I chose to use them. I may choose to use them. I haven't figured it out yet.

Re: Re: swiss autoboot freeze at ''INIT WIIKEY FUSION''

DuHasst0 said:
megalomaniac said:

I keep tossing that thought in my head for my portable, looks like I might need to do that any way. Not that I'm having problems with swiss at the moment. Just of my memory serves me right I'm going to need the switch for emulators of I chose to use them. I may choose to use them. I haven't figured it out yet.

the emulator updates i released will now exit properly to reset GC back to the IPL, but the problem is the WKF doesnt know the system was reset, so pin 29 is required for WKF to reinitialize and load swiss again...
...or you can choose not to have a pin29 switch and just power off / power on your GC

which method makes more sense?

@Megalomaniac: Pin29 on the "frozen" screen will do nothing. I was trying with different cards and accidentally put a WBFS card. After that, the "INIT WIIKEY FUSION" won't appear anymore, just hangs on the Gamecube logo and the blue light keeps ON.

The FFC I soldered was tested with continuity and tested on a IPL v1.1 board with success. So I think it isn't a wiring issue. I'm trying with the WKF you flashed the Swiss R216 for me.

@ public-pervert

If you hang at the GC logo, then maybe double check your wiring
The pin29 switch info above is only a work around from a bad card initialization once swiss has started up..

Got it working.

It really wasn't the FFC cable I soldered. It's a shame, but a bit of chip-quik caused a cold joint between the motherboard and WKF pin 19. It's working 100% now. Thanks for all the help.

Back