Starting up!

Jas

Newb
Hey so I just recently decided I wanted to learn to make portables so I have no experience! Also I'm sure there are others out there like me who want to know where to start. I read on another post here that for someone with no experience they should start off with something simple, so what should I start with and if possible can you tell me where I might find a tutorial for said simple project. Additionally what general tools should I have. Thanks!

overclock your gameboy
put LEDs in a translucent controller
practice soldering, soldering wires together, soldering wires to old electronics parts, soldering takes practice.

I, having no modding experience except wiring a garage when i started, started out with a n64 (the one that is in my sig), and it took a while but i got through it. Sooo many noobs will start worklogs, and nothing gets complete.

DO NOT BE THAT GUY

Cojiro said:
DO NOT BE THAT GUY

Indeed. And what Beta said, read the stickies. They are full to the brim with info to use. Especially the worklogs. I'm currently working on an N64p for the first time, and while I do have some electrical experience already, they are still immensely helpful.

I've seen a lot of threads like this, and the responses are always the same. Practice soldering. Read stickies. Perhaps you should try to backlight a Gameboy first :)

Back