SFC Wii Classic Controller mod

qwertymodo

I've really wanted one of the Club Nintendo SFC Classic Controllers ever since I first heard of them, but they're basically collectors items and tend to sell for around $100 on Ebay so I pretty much gave up on it until I came across this project and decided to give it a try and see if I couldn't build my own. I got the PCB's in today and assembled a controller. I didn't have any surface-mount Atmega328's on hand, so I tried using an Atmega8. It didn't work, but I'm not sure if it's the chip or the PCB or the soldering... I do have a working version on a breadboard with a PDIP Atmega328, so I know the design works. Anyway, I took pictures, so you can see how it looks. I'm really happy with the end result, even if it isn't working at the moment...

You can see I removed the cable header and mounted the board in its place:
6ozqqw.png

Nice and clean on the front side of the PCB:
2w1wb2x.png

Here you can see it sits nice and flush against the controller board:
2aev0au.png

Clean and unobtrusive:
34hgf4h.png

The controller closes back up nicely with absolutely no modifications to the shell:
bj90f9.png

I'm going to have to play around with it a bit more to see if I can figure out what's wrong with it, but for now, I'm still quite pleased with how it turned out :) Once I get some surface-mount Atmega328's I'll be building a few more of these to sell, so if you're interested in one, let me know.

Back