Sense line transistor

ShockSlayer

Probably SS
Been having cube issues, anyone ever get that one where "Object inserted into slot A/B cannot be used" message, even though nothing is wired up, or something was wired up fine, then something shorted, now it's not working?

I got that today on my cube, slot B. Rage, yeah. Anyways, I put the sense line on ground for no real reason.
The message went away.

And then it came back as soon as I removed the sense line from ground. My theory is that there is some sort of transistor or something on the board that automatically puts sense to ground when it's not getting 3.3v. At least, that's my theory. I seem to have screwed that component up. Problem is, Ashen wired these cards straight to the CPU vias, soooo I'm thinking that this "transistor" is like, inside the CPU or some flax. Does that make sense?

I'm trying to fix this, for some reason this cube won't load the SD card from slot A, which means I don't get homebrew unless I have slot B. Which is bad. Bad as in I may need another cube. HOORAY

SS

That sucks man ><

I'd let the board sit a while, sometimes things like this clear themselves up once all the power in all the caps drains out of the board or something. Either that or sometimes GC's magically fix themselves. I've had stuff like this happen before, got pissed and left it for a day or two, came back and it worked fine.

Hate to say it, but its very possible you fried the memory card part of the processor. I agree with Ashen; let it sit for a little while.

Lots of times, my wiring was just wrong, and checking quintuple times fixed the issue. But if Ashen wired it, that is impossible.

ShockSlayer said:
Problem is, Ashen wired these cards straight to the CPU vias, soooo I'm thinking that this "transistor" is like, inside the CPU or some flax. Does that make sense?

All CPUs really are are *Can'tSayThisOnTV*loads of transistors, so this makes sense.

You know, I'm not sure why I didn't think of this until now... But how long are your wires on the memcard lines SS? I found previously that the memcard lines on the GC are extremely sensitive in some cases to wire length. In one case, anything over 4" wire length gave me errors on the memcard lines.

About 5.5"(little bit shorter than what you had on there originally), although I never had any problems until after accidentally swapping 3.3v and GND on that one memory card...also killed my last SD card too.

Next go around, I'll try using lines shorter than 4", might be better for SD loading, I never got anything to load from slot A, slot B was always okay though.

SS

Ahh, yea that'll do it. The board I had issues with was fine with longish wire length when using a SD gecko on both slots, but had errors when trying to load a memory card. Which is why it took me so long to figure out wire length was the actual problem.

Back