Regional accents!

J.D

No Stranger To Love
Surprisingly, I find that some British bands' vocals are almost indistinguishable from American's vocals.

J.D said:
Surprisingly, I find that some British bands' vocals are almost indistinguishable from American's vocals.

I've noticed that too, and with some German/Swedish bands. It's kind of odd how people don't retain their accents while singing.

Led Zeppelin, Queen, Iron Maiden (Oh Yeah! :cool: ) don't retain their accents. The only band I can think of right now that retains their accent is Madness.

Ozzy didn't either. I've never met anyone who doesn't sound like me, other than a Thai foreign exchange student :awesome:

I sound like: 1/4 Southern accent, 1/4 Japanese accent, and 2/4 Northeastern accent.

My Dad used to have a Philadelphia accent, but he worked to get rid of it. He still won't call my mother by her name, though, because that's one thing he can't say without the accent and people would make fun of him for it. He only refers to her as "babe" or "dear" or other such replacements.

It didn't even occur to me until I heard the story that he never actually called his wife by her name.

icarus said:
I don't know if I really have an accent, but I do know that I say pop instead of soda.

I live in Michigan, and everyone here calls it "pop," but I say soda. I always thought pop sounded childish. :dah:

icarus said:
I don't know if I really have an accent, but I do know that I say pop instead of soda.

Why would you do that?
Picture4.png

I haven't heard much of accents in any genre of music, except for Grime.
The accent is obvious there.

Basement_Modder said:
icarus said:

I live in Michigan, and everyone here calls it "pop," but I say soda. I always thought pop sounded childish. :dah:
<------

:awesome: Look at my Location

I sound like you would expect a coastal Californian surfer to sound. Except with big words. :awesome:

I have a new york accent, which I never noticed untill talking to people all over the country. My favorite accents are russians though, mostly because I am Russian and they sound awesome.

Back