Really dumb stupid noob question's

master801

What kind of controller do you recommend me for making a portable, that are NOT 3-Party and do not break as easily? Also do I have to have the 12v line on the regulator? I kind of broke it off, well I was soldering and I guess I soldered it too much and it kinda ripped off.... Also what kind of cheap and easy to get a hold of modchip? Does this controller work? http://www.dealextreme.com/p/advanced-a ... 44?item=12 (I know it looks ugly but I actually want a turbo button in my portable.)

The controller you linked is a third party one... ;)

Eurasia have cheap modchips. The xeno is the cheapest and only costs 12 USD and lets you play backups and load homebrew. But you need a disc in the discdrive. Most portables nowadays use the Wiikey Fusion because then you won't need a discdrive. Its more expensive and harder to wire up though.

I would just buy this controller. Its the cheapest on ebay and I think Ashen cut them down pretty small. The ebay controllers have turbo built in, just not actual buttons. At least thats what I understand from Hailrazers comparison

I'm no gamecube pro, but I hope I was able to help a little :)

master801 said:
What kind of controller do you recommend me for making a portable, that are NOT 3-Party and do not break as easily?

Uh, you know that only leaves you with first party then right?

Zero said:
master801 said:
What kind of controller do you recommend me for making a portable, that are NOT 3-Party and do not as easily?

Uh, you know that only leaves you with first party then right?
But dont use wavebirds, please.

WatsuG said:
The you linked is a one... ;)

Eurasia have modchips. The xeno is the cheapest and only costs 12 USD and lets you play backups and load homebrew. But you need a disc in the discdrive. Most portables nowadays use the Wiikey Fusion because then you won't need a discdrive. Its more expensive and harder to wire up though.

I would just buy this controller. Its the cheapest on ebay and I think Ashen them down pretty small. The ebay controllers have turbo built in, just not actual buttons. At least thats what I understand from Hailrazers comparison

I'm no gamecube pro, but I hope I was able to help a little :)

Any idea where I can get a Qoob Pro cheap and in-stock? Also those controllers are basically the ones I linked to.

EDIT: What kind of wire should I get for power and data, like for the controllers, disc drive pins, and for all the power stuff. It has to be good amperage and has to be in-stock in radioshack, because my power wires are from a psu and are all hard and stiff.

Back