PSOne Screen LED Mod: A Newbie's Questions

I'm going to LED mod a PSOne screen for my Gamecube portable attempt. I bought these LEDs, and put the information into this calculator.

Instead of the 30 Ohm resistor-per-LED design, this calculator suggests wiring two LEDs in sequence with a 68 Ohm resistor. Would this really work, and are there any disadvantages?

Also, I read on kyorune's site that LED modded screens aren't as bright, and that the way to correct that (bypassing a capacitor) loses a bit of contrast. Would using, say, 6 or 8 LEDs be better?

For that matter, what's the best number of LEDs for this mod? Four, six, eight? Your advice I'd appreciate!

Over a month, eighty-something views, and not a single reply? Did I post in the wrong section or something? :oops:

Still need to know. From what I know of resistors, I still think the two-LEDs-per-stronger-resistor would work, but I've never done this before. Which is why I asked. 8~P

One resistor per led .

8 led's will make for the closest to stock looking screen. With 8 led's no need to do the brightness mod.

Stock still looks better.

Okay, thank you! Now I can finally order the resistors . . . :)

Hopefully there will be no more stupid newbie questions from me -- everything else is covered by stickies. :) Everything I saw seemed to say to have a one-LED-per-resistor, but that calculator confused me. Thought whoever made it might know something nobody had thought of. :rolleyes: Just wanted to be sure, before spending more money.

Back