Problem with controller cut. C up is R Dataline.

Hello I have been attempting at creating a portable gamecube. I have already done a N64 and really wanted to do this one. I cut the controller like shown HERE
I figure its the controller type that may be the problem or the cut done. But i haven't found problems anyone else has had with this cut. Thisis the second controller I have had to sacrifice to this experiment with no success. The problem is up on the c stick does the correct C up input but also sends a signal to the R data line. They are no where near eachother, the only reason i can think for this to happen is a bad cut. This is the wiring job i have done. Yes i have checked every connection and nothing is touching.
x0obw8.jpg

Please, any help would be very much appreciated.

No, it's not your cut. Maybe nothing's touching but something may be somewhat disconnected. That can make the controller do odd things.
Are all the critical components of the controller still connected correctly? 100 ohms inline on the data line?

Blargaman91 said:
No, it's not your cut. Maybe nothing's touching but something may be somewhat disconnected. That can make the controller do odd things.
Are all the critical components of the controller still connected correctly? 100 ohms inline on the data line?

Unless the 100 ohms line was outside the cut line, yes it was. However im making one more attempt at a different controller, this board is type 2. I checked the cut shock slayer made compaired to the one ashen made and SS has the additional piece of the board sticking off to the side where as ashen uses type 2 and only uses what is inside the cut. Before i actually cut the board tho im trying to get R dataline to work with a tact, no luck so far. It turns on but wont turn off unless it touches ground.

Blargaman91 said:
Alright. Maybe you have a special case with that IC, but I'd say something's just off with the wiring.

No i believe you are correct, I thought about it today at work. The reason why R press or w/e you want to call it the analog signal was being picked up by C up was because.. well I don't know specifically but it had to get a signal from somewhere. I wasn't treating it as an analog switch or w/e i was using a simple tact switch and attaching it to ground. So i hooked up a normally closed switch to the r dataline and it worked. Im going to wire up the C stick again and see what happens. If I'm / you are correct this should fix the problem. :oops:

Back