Posting from my new iPhone (oh yea!)

iamtyler

I haz an iPhone nao! :awesome:
Coming from a samsung smooth definitely a huge jump.
What all smart phones does the modretro community have? Or just cell phones in general?

I have a Samsung Reclaim. Sprint's "green" phone. Worked great for what I needed for like a week until we got unlimited data. Now I'm stuck with a phone that I can't do anything to take advantage of our data plan with, unless you call checking Twitter or using AIM sometimes taking advantage of it. :/

I really want an Evo 4G (or maybe the new Samsung Epic 4G), but I'm poor, and they're both nearly $300, never mind that I'd be charged $10 a month extra for 4G access, regardless of the fact that there isn't any 4G in any direction from here for a few hundred miles. :wtf:

Because of this, I'm probably gonna be stuck with a phone I never really wanted in the first place and do hardly anything with for another whole year. :/

My dad has the Evo 4G, its *Can'tSayThisOnTV*in awesome, but because it has such a big screen/runs multiple apps the battery lasts for a very short time.

I'd be fine with a relatively short battery life if it meant having a phone that could actually do stuff.

Like, web browsing. The Reclaim is flax at web browsing. The internet speed is fine, but the phone itself is so anemic that it sometimes takes me a good ten minutes to do a Google search for something, and half the time it'll crash and tell me "out of memory." It'd be so nice to have a halfway decent browser when I needed it, like if I'm at GameStop and I want to check on the price for something...

Funny my samsung stopped working to... Guess it just goes to say something about the brand. Have any of you ever jailbroken your phone?

I had a samsung f266 that lasted through a washing machine and half a dryer cycle, it disappeared a few months ago :(

I have a Samsung J706, Rogers. It's just a normal dumb phone. My parents pay for my cell phone service, and I doubt they would pay for a data plan. That and I don't have $600 to shell out on a phone.

There's one post around here somewhere that I posted from my XBOX. That's a lot more 1337 than posting from a phone.

I have a Mytouch 3G/HTC Magic 1.2, however I'm going to be upgrading to a Galaxy S in a few weeks.

AT&T's Samsung Captivate (Galaxy S) doesn't have a front facing camera :(

Ive got an LG enV touch. it sucks so much ass. but I dont want to pay for something else, and I never use it, other than for music.

I have an LG Xenon. It's been recalled, was my moms. it's temporary until my plan runs up in 2 months so I can get my iPhone 4

Bush said:
J.D said:
AT&T's Samsung Captivate (Galaxy S) doesn't have a front facing camera :(
Cause anyone needs that?
super-fat-man-on-a-scooter.jpg

Well you are just terrible. I have an LG Xenon. It works. It has a good keyboard and a crappy battery. I want a Dell Streak.

I'm using an LG Ally. Runs Android; best phone I've ever used. And I've used iPhone 3G and iPhone 3G S.

Jidan said:
I'm using an LG Ally. Runs Android; best phone I've ever used. And I've used iPhone 3G and iPhone 3G S.
IMO, iOS is fine for touch users, but Android is a less limited and more suitable phone OS

Bush said:
Jidan said:
IMO, iOS is fine for touch users, but Android is a less limited and more suitable phone OS

Yeah, so far though Android is a lot more convenient and nicer. Definitely less limited, like you said.

Back