Portrait and Landscape differences?

Gamma

Newb
After stalking these froums for about a month I believe I am ready to begin the embryonic stage of my N64P. Of all the thing i have to consider, the way the screen, buttons, and case are going to go on will make a large difference to me. I am anticipating the entire project to take around a year or so.
So, the eternal question is what are the differences (pros/cons) of having a portrait compared to a landscape setup and vice versa?

Portrait:
buttons are under the screen

Landscape:
buttons are dispersed on either side of the screen

I really dont know what you want to know here.. it's just a matter of preference

shoulder buttons usually have to be parallel to the face buttons in portrait, where as they can be placed on top of the case in landscape, theres a reason why Nintendo and Sony use landscape

I'm sorry if I wasn't particularly clear with what I meant. What I was trying to convey was, is one harder to fit the pieces and internal components into than the other? Is one easier than the other to make? Does one take up more space than the other setup(generally)?

Thanks Diminuendo and thelukestir for the responses.

They're both pretty much the same build wise, wiring up buttons isnt rocket science and takes up 0 space so you can put buttons practically wherever you want. the only thing more difficult about making it portrait is that you have to figure out what to do with the l/r/z buttons on the back in a semi elegant manner.

thelukestir said:
They're both pretty much the same build wise, wiring up buttons isnt rocket science and takes up 0 space so you can put buttons practically wherever you want. the only thing more difficult about making it portrait is that you have to figure out what to do with the l/r/z buttons on the back in a semi elegant manner.
Thank you very much. And i think I have a bit of an idea as to the l/r and z buttons thanks to bentomo and shockslayer.

Back