Please help me.....idk if my board is fried?

Ok this is my first post but I have been creeping on your guys forum for almost a year now slowly making my own p64. I was near completion when for some reason now I'm not getting any video or audio to my screen. I thought maybe some wire may have bumped together that shouldn't have or something was disconnected. The bulb is still lit so I know I'm still getting power to the system. I rewired the cart slot......again.....and its good. Anybody have any other suggestions or ways to check the video output or board before I consider it deceased?

Thanks

well if the n64 is still being powered its not fried..if yoyr screen is on but shows no picture, then it is a audio/video wiring problem...if it wont turn on you may have fried the screen or wired power to it wrong. do you have any pics of your wiring?

iBurnXD said:
well if the n64 is still being powered its not fried..

it can still be fried... all the light says is that the red led is receiving power. there is a good possibility the board still works but that's no way of telling. The only way to find out is through some troubleshooting that can't be done over the interwebs.

wow...i havent fried an n64 yet so i wouldnt know :oops: but mistake me if im wrong it could be just a simple wiring mistake

it is possible that he wired something wrong and it just needs to be rectified to work. On the other hand, it's also possible he bridged two pins or something that could have fried the board.

that is possible...you should take a look and make sure it is correctly wired, pins seperated. if its still not working it may be fried :cry:

Back