PAL Gamecube VGA 15kHz (CGA) from SCART

Hello, I have ASUS VE248H monitor and apparently it supports 15kHz H-Sync and 50/60Hz V-Sync (contrary to what user manual says, tested with PS2 in RGB mode with 480i content, connecting composite to green VGA pin I get picture and adding R and B I get all colors, a little noise because composite carries other unnecessary things I suppose, monitor supports Sync on Green)
I am going to build a little circuit using ICs LM1881 and 74LS221 (sync stripper and sync separator) based on this : (last one) http://members.optusnet.com.au/eviltim/ ... .htm#acvid
using LM1881 to get C-sync and V-sync from composite, then get H-Sync from C-sync using 74LS221, then connect everything to correct vga pins, note I build the SCART cable modding the composite cable, copying the official scart cable (I suppose), there are now 220uF in series in each R,G,B,composite lines, and I will have clean H-Sync and V-Sync to feed the monitor through VGA connector (pin 13 and 14).

***note I disconnected the resistor that goes from composite to ground because I also use this gamecube on crt TV connected WITHOUT signal switch together with ps2 in a multi scart thing that goes to TV, in RGB mode it works perfectly on TV, removed the resistor because it ruined the PS2 picture (darker), every device is disconnected from their power supply completely when not in use, works very good like this*** EDIT: CHECKED the circuit and I will need to restore that resistor.

I am not implementing the video clamps and video amplifier like in that circuit, I plan NOT to touch the R,G,B lines.
What do you think? Will this work? (with 15kHz horizontal sync and 50/60Hz vertical of course, that my monitor looks like to support from my tests)
Thank you for helping me.

Back