Odd request

zharrhen

I'm looking for some sort of pre-made battery pack that i can plug in to a n64 and charge. If anyone has something like that or will make one for me, pm me. I'll pay $100.00, $25 up front and $75 once I get the product.

And on top of that it'd require some work. You said you want it to be able to plug into the console so you'd need it inside the shell of a n64's power brick. That would require a bit of work. You'd also need a 3.3v regulator for it to work. Your price range is a bit low.

zharrhen said:
What would be a good price?
With the regulators, cells, charging circuitry and labor, probably 150 or over. If you want pretty good battery life, that is.

Batteries - probably from 60-80 dollars
Protection circuit - ~5 dollars
Charger - 15 dollars or so
Regulators - Depends, but budget for around 10 dollars
Labor - 40 dollars (let's say the project would take 8 hours, which is entirely possible, that's 5 dollars an hour for the person and entirely reasonable)
Etc - depends, possibly 10+ dollars.

That said, I could do this for you if you want :p

And that's 60-80 bucks for the batteries if you want nice quality Li-Ion batteries that would last a good while. To make your battery last a bit longer it'd be recommended to mod the motherboard of the N64 to replace the 7805 with a 5 V switching regulator.

bud said:
2 3.7v 5000 mah cells are only about $34, Herma. :p
Yeh, but I was thinking something with more juice :p

Still 100 to 150 would be a proper price for the full thing. Plus etc would probably be more than 10 bucks.

First, you can get Regulators for free on the Texas instruments website.

Second, Batteries aren't $60.00 unless you want to overpay for them.

Third, I don't need these high end batteries, I'm perfectly OK with Ni-Cad or something (but I'd still like something with around 5000 mah)

I'll raise the price to $100.00. I'll pay $25.00 up front, and the $75.00 when i get the product. (I just want to be sure I'm not being cheated)

No offense, but I doubt anyone will do this for only 25% up front. Pretty much every transaction online requires the buyer to pay first, because otherwise the seller has a much higher chance of getting scammed, especially when it's a newer member. It's assumed the buyer is protected by the payment processor, such as Paypal.

zharrhen said:

Third, I don't need these high end batteries, I'm perfectly OK with Ni-Cad or something (but I'd still like something with around 5000 mah)

I'll raise the price to $100.00. I'll pay $25.00 up front, and the $75.00 when i get the product. (I just want to be sure I'm not being cheated)
You can get regulators for free from TI as samples, but you can be denied, it's not often, but it does happen. In general it's more professional if you're going to make a proper product you're selling to buy your components. I've a bit of a different mentality than most, I suppose.

Batteries can range go waaaay higher than 60 and you won't be overpaying, you'll be getting a beefier battery. When I was quoting ~60 I was thinking over 5000 mah.

NiCad isn't that great and have a significantly less energy density. They'd work, but eh.

100 bucks would be completely doable. And no offense, but you're new here and most trusted members of this site (who would likely be doing this transaction) would be a bit weary in delivering a product with only 25% up front. Especially because it would force them to have an out-of-pocket expense.

As Zero said, paypal would be a viable option, because there's buyer protection.

Also, I don't appreciate being talked to like a 2 year old. I'm not completely incompetent and don't need things rudely spelled out.

You honestly look at $110 for parts, $40 for labor, and say you'll do $25 up front?

It's almost like you DON'T want this to happen.

Hermaphroditus said:
zharrhen said:

You can get regulators for free from TI as samples, but you can be denied, it's not often, but it does happen. In general it's more professional if you're going to make a proper product you're selling to buy your components. I've a bit of a different mentality than most, I suppose.

Batteries can range go waaaay higher than 60 and you won't be overpaying, you'll be getting a beefier battery. When I was quoting ~60 I was thinking over 5000 mah.

NiCad isn't that great and have a significantly less energy density. They'd work, but eh.

100 bucks would be completely doable. And no offense, but you're new here and most trusted members of this site (who would likely be doing this transaction) would be a bit weary in delivering a product with only 25% up front. Especially because it would force them to have an out-of-pocket expense.

As Zero said, paypal would be a viable option, because there's buyer protection.

Also, I don't appreciate being talked to like a 2 year old. I'm not completely incompetent and don't need things rudely spelled out.
I wasn't intending to scam anybody.

Sorry, I wasn't intending to talk to you like a 2 year old.

I'll pay via paypal 100% up front $100.00

You can make it however you want to.

Sorry if I came off as a bit rude/assertive.

I'd continue this via PM, but you've disabled the receipt of private messages.

ttsgeb said:
You honestly look at $110 for parts, $40 for labor, and say you'll do $25 up front?

It's almost like you DON'T want this to happen.

The correct grammatically acceptable use of the word is Do not. Don't is slang, you just look stupid

Don't is a contraction for "do not" and is grammatically acceptable. However in formal writing a contraction is generally frowned upon, but still grammatically correct. Your elementary school teacher should have went over contractions. You should have already learned this, dumbass.

Back