Odd Madcatz dohickey

Kasm279

Okay, I found this odd madcatz device a few days ago inside a box for Guitar Hero 3. It has a female PlayStation/PlayStation 2 controller port on it as well as a momentary switch. It takes three CR2032 coin cells. When the button is pressed it outputs 9v of power on pins three and four (which power the rumble motors in the DUALSHOCK/DUALSHOCK 2.) Other than the Madcatz logo it has no other markings. Does anyone have an idea what this might do? I'll upload a pic if needed.

Probably tests the rumble motors or makes the DS2 into a cheap dildo.

vskid3 said:
Maybe a wireless adapter? That's all I can think of.
It doesn't have anything special inside, just battery contacts, two momentary switches (one for positive and the other for negative) and the plug.

Kasm279 said:
vskid3 said:
Maybe a wireless adapter? That's all I can think of.
It doesn't have anything special inside, just battery contacts, two momentary switches (one for positive and the other for negative) and the plug.
Strange. So does it do anything when you plug a controller into it? I can't imagine it would be a power source for anything, those batteries don't have a whole lot of capacity and are fairly expensive. Any idea of its origin? Was it included with Guitar Hero 3, or did it just happen to be in that box?

vskid3 said:
Strange. So does it do anything when you plug a controller into it? I can't imagine it would be a power source for anything, those batteries don't have a whole lot of capacity and are fairly expensive. Any idea of its origin? Was it included with Guitar Hero 3, or did it just happen to be in that box?

It just happened to be in the box. Unfortunately it was missing the receiver for the guitar...
Anyway, it does nothing when plugged into a dualshock or dualshock 2.

Back