Not enough amps? $5 for the answer!

I am finishing a N64P, but it has a big screen (8") which is making things difficult. It needs 12V, (it will NOT go lower than around 11V), but I only have 7.4V batteries. I searched for a LONG time to find a regulator but I found none. Then it was suggested use a 5v to 12V regulator, feeding off the N64 regulator. So i did that, and of course, it doesn't work right!

Basically, I am trying to run the screen off of two regulators, and it doesn't seem to provide enough amps. When i turn the screen on the power goes down to 6V, the screen goes off, then the power goes back up. How can i power my screen? HELP!?!?

Ill give $5 to the person that gives me the right answer!

Oooh, $5! Here's the answer - look in the stickied threads in the N64 board, the solution ought to be around there.

J.D said:
Oooh, $5! Here's the answer - look in the stickied threads in the N64 board, the solution ought to be around there.

I'm not retarded, or a noob. It's not the n64, it's the screen that's the problem. The n64 works fine and all that, but the screen isn't getting enough amps. I was looking for a solution.

My bad, I was on my iPod Touch and I thought you were talking about the N64 :p

Get a regulator that can run directly off your batteries. The 7805 you're getting your 5v from probably can't provide enough power for your screen.

Back