noob needs help

hey im a major noob in all of this soooo...can someone like...tell me what the best screen to use is and like a better guide than the ones on here because i couldnt make any sense of them(i could just i couldnt figure out groundings and screen connections and everything. (what do you do with the extra wires on the screen? ps1)?

If you want a better guide, here's one I just wrote. Save up $400-600 and have someone else build you one.

No one is going to spoon feed you. A lot of this is up to you, and what you want from your N64p. You need to have at least a rough understanding of what you're doing, so if something goes wrong, you can either fix it or describe it well enough that someone else can help you fix it. Read, read, read. Read the stickies, read work logs (especially older ones), use the search, and then ask questions. None of this stuff is rocket science, it just takes a little work on your part. If we can tell that you're actually trying, people will be more than willing to help you out.

You will find that this forum can be very blunt. Be prepared to take some criticism. It is (usually) only done to make you better.

ok let me rephrase a few things. i already wired everything on my n64 portable using skyone's guide. but its not working.
do you use all of the wires on the ps1 screen? because theres a lot left over.

n64video.jpg

You mean this picture? (Post a link to the guide you're talking about if this isn't it) You only need ground and composite connected between the two for video to display (for sound you need the audio lines hooked up, of course). The other pins on the N64 and other wires on the PSone screen are just for other options. At most there should be 4 wires connecting your screen and N64 (besides power, depending on how you hook it up).

Back