New BenHeck 360 Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zero said:
1080p isn't needed at all at 17".
The reason why Ben doesn't use 1080p screens is because when he started, it was pretty *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing hard to get a 1080p screen at a small size. It's easy to find the flax now, though.

He basically left the entire mobo the way it was, didn't even change the cooling.(the fan and cooling and hdd location and such made it huge)

mako321 said:
Zero said:
The reason why Ben doesn't use 1080p screens is because when he started, it was pretty *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing hard to get a 1080p screen at a small size. It's easy to find the flax now, though.

Yea, but that still doesn't make them any more necessary.

Also, I'm assuming he didn't try and trim it down because he made it for his show, so everything was probably simplified for his viewers to do easier.

My official opinion: Who cares?

I'm sorry, but considering this is the zillionth one of these he's made and it's really not radically different than any of the others aside from using a Slim, I see no reason to be excited by these any more.

What ever happened to the good Benheck? You know, the one that was actually a pioneer in the art of portabilizing? The guy that was always looking for new worlds to be conquered, new guts to be chopped up, new ways to make things small? Now all he does is make pretty much the same old 360 laptops. There's no variety, nothing that really stands out about them any more. To me, they've all become pretty much the same. And it's all he does now. I rarely bother to look at his site any more because it's always "New 360 laptop in the works!" and there's never anything truly new.

Sadly, I guess it's another case where whatever makes someone the most money is what he sticks with. Can't say I blame him, but still, it's disappointing to see someone who was always doing cool new things stuck in what's become just a routine. :/

"Slim" laptop. Holy flax, it's thicker than the previous ones! Also, I was going to build one, but I don't have enough money. So I guess I wouldn't be the first now.

mako321 said:
Zero said:

XBOX 360 renders at 720p internally anyway. But higher resolution is still better. That said, I've never seen a 1080p monitor in 17".

XCVG said:
"Slim" laptop. Holy flux, it's thicker than the previous ones! Also, I was going to build one, but I don't have enough money. So I guess I wouldn't be the first now.

mako321 said:
Zero said:
The reason why Ben doesn't use 1080p screens is because when he started, it was pretty Linking hard to get a 1080p screen at a small size. It's easy to find the flux now, though.

XBOX 360 renders at 720p internally anyway. But higher resolution is still better. That said, I've never seen a 1080p monitor in 17".

My Macbook runs 1080p.

Stop *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing quote stacking. Find a way to express your opinion in your own words, lazy "Distasteful Homosexuals".

Zero's earlier comment seems closest to the truth IMO.

Ben made this for the show, so any radical changes would have been monetarily and practically unsound. I'm sure he could have made it much smaller had he really wanted to. And looking at Ben's post on his site, I think he's well aware of the stock-ishness of the unit.

Yeah its boring, but I've never made one so I can't really talk.

Also, its being raffled off. I wouldnt really want to work on something very hard that im not going to make much money on or im not keeping myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back