NES DVD: Simple wiring question

I'm sticking a CyberHome Dvd player in an old NES, but having trouble reconfiguring the power and reset buttons. Trying to make the NES power button turn on the DVD player, and the NES reset button eject the disk. I've been following the directions from:
http://www.vintagecomputing.com/index.php/archives/83

Here's some pictures of my setup:
IMG_0032.JPG

IMG_0027.JPG

Here is the picture of this step from the vintagecomputing website:
vintagecomputing.jpg

He doesn't have the leads in the same position as I've seen on several other websites. In his picture, there seems to be only one wire leading to the left reset point, and the rest going underneath the circuit somewhere.

So I've been using the following image from http://www.exoid.com to base where to solder the wires. He states that the green is power, the blue is reset and the red is the LED. If so, where are the white wires leading?
ninvid3.jpg

Obviously I'm a newb, but I would appreciate a little direction, as my current configuration is not working :neutral2:

It can be powered on via a button or a remote control. There are 4 solder points under the button, but the images on the vintagecomputing.com article only shows wires connecting 2 of the points.

More pics:
pic1.jpg

button.jpg

I could be wrong, but I think that makes things more complicated. the NES's button thing is a toggle button. It physically stays depressed making contact until you press it again. The DVD player likely uses logic circuitry so that you press the button and it makes contact shortly initiating bootup, but does not require a persistent contact. You could always wire up a tact switch and physically place it behind the NES power button so you press the physical plastic button but don't use the NES's circuitry.

Actually I removed the metal pin in the NES's power button to make it a momentary button and not a toggle switch. I just can't get it to register as a button press on the DVD players circuit when the power or reset button is pressed.

What do I need to learn to figure out how to make this work?

The most practical solution I can come up with not actually being there to get a good in-depth examination first-hand, is to relocate the tact-switches. Wire the tacts that came with the DVD board onto long wires and then physically place them behind the NES Power and Reset buttons so that by pushing those buttons, you physically press the tact-switches.

Back