N64 worklog

busterg

hello everyone,

this is the second attempt at a work-log and i only made it because I've been running into some trouble.
We have an n64, opened up with the cartridge slot relocated. we have a spare mobo because we think we might have fried the first. we have the power regulator but i accidentally ordered a PTH08000 instead of a PTH08080. we have a screen that has composite video that came from the car dvd player. we have a bunch of switches and some membrane covered tacts ordered. I just need help figuring out all the fine details so i came to you guys when i had no luck with the tutorials and stickies. so here are the questions i have:

-Will our PTH08000 work instead of the PTH08080?
-Our screen is wired to a tiny board, and then that board is wired to the small board where the composite video is located. Do i have to keep the middle board? i will upload pictures.
-For controllers, would we just wire the tact switches to the board where the buttons are? I'm a bit confused as far as controllers go.
-Our LED light on the mobo doesn't light up and we get no video on the screen. I know this probably means that its fried. but i want to see if there isn't like two wired i crossed that screwed up everything.

I know thats alo of questions...but im really stuck. if anyone can elp me out i would be greatly appreciative. Im going to go take pictures and edit them into the post. Bye;)

Mobo:
IMG_0107.jpg

Screen
IMG_0109.jpg

is it too big with everything?

PTH08000 will be fine, we have a diagram for using that in the sticky, you need a resistor and a capacitor, you can likely find them at radio shack. You also could've found this info in the datasheet on ti's page, it's not as straightforward though.

You might be able to throw out one of those boards, the one with the A/V jacks looks like it can be removed.

For the controllers, basically, yeah. You wire ground to one side of the tact switch and the button data line to the other.

SS

Back