Minecraft Inventions

Ampersand

Lightbulbs are awesome!
What's the coolest thing you've built so far? And castles and stuff don't really count, anyone can build those, they don't take much skill to make. Unless it's fakking awesome, and in that case, pics or gtfo.

So far I've built a 7-segment analog display and a 4-clock oscillator. Both are on Thursty's server. I've also just began on a combination lock on Zero's server.

I plan on build a giant erect penis from cobblestone, glass and dirt. I may be able to work a lavafall somewhere in there.

I'm currently working on a scale model of my dorm building, complete with explosive charges for quick emergency destruction... of course I'm in classic so if I want to blow it up, I have to go to /survivaltest/ ... and minecraft is down... and stone and brick don't seem to like blowing up...

I love making waterfalls. If you want proof, go look at the two in zero's server. (sloppy, though) I've made a nice one on my world 1.

I built a house out of dirt. Then I moved and built another dirt house with a basement. Then I did stupid flax and it got blown up by one of those exploding mob things. After that I changed it to pacifist mode and just built stuff. I dug an excessively deep mine and built a castle/fort/house thing, which is mostly done except for the basement. Then I built some crude lighthouses by jumping, and built a bunker with a mine entrance and three doors. I'm new to this. I enjoy all the features and cool stuff in Alpha, but I wish it had a free build mode.

I'm in the middle of building a sky garden thing. It's basically a giant floating cobblestone tower, with a dirt top covered with trees. In the center of the top there's a glass pane that shines light into the bottom of the tower when the sun is up. The base floor of my tower also is made of glass.

Since I built it right over the ocean, any enemies that try to follow me get sucked up into this vortex just under the base of my tower (but completely out of hit range). They can't escape. Then when daylight hits, they all die. Or if one of those exploding guys goes nuts, they all die with him. :lol:

I just have a simple dirt staircase to get up right now, but I eventually want to make a water escalator that goes on and off with a switch.

Mostly, I'm proud of the deathtrap that I made for my tower! :twisted: Nobody *Can'tSayThisOnTV*s with Zeturi's floating forest! :demonpie:

Mako, I hadn't realized that placing a block of water and letting it flow where it wants was an invention.

No, but I made a 4 level waterslide that let me go up and down, it looked nice too. It was a few hours worth of work to make it not flood every godDang floor while keeping to the style of stuff. The ones in Zero's server however, are pretty lame.

Yep, been up all day.

Also the good news is there has been no more crashes and everything seems to be working fine. I deleted the minetracks and reset the spawn point earlier, so I'm not sure if one of those helped fix the problem, but it seems to have stopped crashing.

By the way, JD and I started on building the glass city over the water, and it looks like its going to be pretty sweet.

What about my glass city over EVERYTHING?(still in production at the top of my tower)

Uhh...what? That only goes like 2 blocks out, I just thought it was part of your roof.

Btw, contain that in your airspace or the town will declare war. :stare:

Yeah, server is back up. Is it okay if I build a bunker in behind the town. Actually, why am I asking, I already started. I also cut down a tree to make tools, but it's all good since I replanted it. After the bunker, I think I'll add a place to grow stuff.

Zero, once players can die we need to turn on monsters. I want to build a dungeon for people to fight their way through.

Yup, that's the plan Amp.

XCVG said:
Zero said:
Yea, that's more than fine, no need to ask for permission.

Does that apply to the stuff in J.D's house, too :p

Huh? Do you mean you want to take the stuff in his house or do you mean build over it? Either way, that's a no-no. :p

Back