Made a MAME cab I guess

βeta

ModRetro Legend
There was a really flaxty one that hadn't worked in two years, so my friend and I basically built one from scratch in the same case. Here are some bad pictures.
5aCPU.jpg

YjCXw.jpg

mOCmR.jpg

nACoq.jpg

dv45Y.jpg

HIe5r.jpg

PREPARE TO QUALIFY

Could be a lot better, but it works, don't touch it. With a little polish, it could be pretty nice. Even the control layout isn't bad.

XCVG said:
Could be a lot better, but it works, don't touch it. With a little polish, it could be pretty nice. Even the control layout isn't bad.

It's pretty cramped, because there just isn't that much room to work with. The controls of the original game this cabinet originally held consisted of a solitary joystick. We had a lot more to cram in.

By the way, this whole thing is running off of a 5? year old Thinkpad, it leaves a little to be desired in the power department. Also, one of the switches in one of the sticks was all kinds of broken, so I ordered a new one. They are cheap, and easy to replace. Old engineering is the best.

I know what it is, but I fail to see how it has anything to do with the topic at hand.

Mako wants us to redo this running off of a Raspberry Pi thingie, which apparently he has a hard-on for. I mean don't get me wrong they look cool and all, but really.

I'll do it if you give me the cabinet :D. But seriously, I would stick an Asus Maximus II or some other epic mobo in there. Raspberry Pi is ok though.

- mymixed

The ancient Thinkpad is probably more appropriate for this application than the Raspberry Pi. Of course, a rig built around an EVGA Classified SR-2 with twin hexacore Xeon 5650s and four GTX 580s would be even better.

XCVG said:
Of course, a rig built around an EVGA Classified SR-2 with twin octa-core Xeon 5650s and four GTX 580s would be even better.
fix'd. Oh how much fun (hacking it) I would have with that cabinet. I gotta get me one of those.

- mymixed

Back