Made a BooBoo on the Mobo

Bakuku

I was trimming the Mobo to a AlmostWTF cut and the dremel slipped a little. On first glance it looks to be fine, but would like a second opinion.

This is beneath the IBM chip "CPU"

I fear for the worst... The other Mobo I have left is a rev C and I don't know how to build a custom regulator or if the old one will work on a rev C :confused:

Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance,
Bakuku

It doesnt look like the dremel cut the traces. Can you verify that this is the truth?

superben51 said:
Might be toast depending on how deep that scratch is. But try booting it up and see.

Thats what I fear... but believe it or not, it's just a little scratch in terms of depth... the leads are still intact.

I'm having a difficult time hooking it back up because I don't now how the regulator should be hooked up to this board :confused: "the regulator in revs A en B"

If you broke any traces you will need to rewire the via points with small kynar wire (you can also use slightly thicker wire found in controller cables).

If you broke any transistors/resistors, the board wil probably be ruined and not be fixable.

You can get gamecube motherboards on ebay for 5-10 bucks from bidding on "broken" gamecubes (the motherboards always work though). Its not the end of the world if it is ruined ;)

Tchay said:
If you broke any traces you will need to rewire the via points with small kynar wire (you can also use slightly thicker wire found in controller cables).

If you broke any transistors/resistors, the board wil probably be ruined and not be fixable.

You can get gamecube motherboards on ebay for 5-10 bucks from bidding on "broken" gamecubes (the motherboards always work though). Its not the end of the world if it is ruined ;)

My IT guy at school checked it for me and said that if I just put some nailpollish on it all would be ok. So I did.

Now a new question had come to mind:

What are they and what do they do? "I'm so noob but learning as we go :)"
Should they be removed?

Thanks in advance,
Bakuku

Back