Just installed my first wiikey fusion into a gc

Just want to thank everyone here for spending the time to create tutorials. Thanks to this community the wiikey was successfully installed on my first try, but unfortunately my gc has the old bios so I have to hold down one of the buttons while i boot the system up, and even then it only works half the time. None the less it plays games. Also I found an easy way to install wiikey fusions for anybody who is not concerned with setting any thinness records, and that is instead of ripping the disk drive plug right off the board you, can just take a little saw and cut the top part of the plug. You can then trim the pins a little bit and solder some wires directly to those. Just fill the gaps with epoxy. This should save some time, and it gives you a lot more room to work with. I am sure somebody has already done this, but I never saw it in any of the forums. So to be safe I just thought I would throw in my 2 cents.

What rev is your board? I have a rev c and I'm having issues finding the 3.3v line, It's 12v where it should apparently be 3.3v

no im sorry my board is rev A/B, but that is really weird maybe something is jumped between your 12v line and your 3.3v line so the 12v is coming out. just a guess.

Back