Just a question

ttbb

Newb
Hi! I registered 'cause I see you guys would probably be able to answer me this. So I was wondering if it would be possible to make a real cube force 16:9 widescreen, just like Dolphin does, or if it wouldn't be able to handle it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV1upJSDnsk).

I have been told that, even if there was such option (in a homebrew program or something), the cube wouldn't be able to handle it, due to its RAM and etc.

What do you think?

I see... well, for what I have been told, it would be nearly impossible to play the game afterwards with good FPS, because the cube doesn't have 'what it takes' to do it :\

But, you know, I bought a component cable on eBay a year ago or so, and the quality is excellent, so it makes me wonder how great it would be if it was be possible to force such option, but then... would it damage the cube btw? I mean, it would be pushing it too hard perhaps, right? :\

You might as well just play the games stretched out, it doesn't make a huge difference. There's a handful of GC games that natively support 16:9 as well.

Dunno if that is quite the same... well, I was thinking of the gorgeous Twilight Princess.

Check this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFDqbIZ5jMA

The 16:9 version of the Wii is amazing! That is what I wanted to achieve, but on the Gamecube lool
Pretty much impossible, right?

I mean, I could just get a Wii and play the 16:9 version, but the interest, the magic (lol) would be to actually get the cube to do it, just like Dolphin allows you to force that option. The problem is how to get it to do it (through homebrew, right?) and if the cube would handle it... it wouldn't, right? Its hardware wouldn't handle it, I believe... I'd like to try it though - as long as my cube would remain alive after the process lol!!!

So... any ideas? I really want to try it the problem is I don't know how to, lets say, create a program to force it, dunno how to do it, otherwise I would! lol emu_kidid, help me out xD

Back