I've got a problem.

bentomo

Frequent Poster
Here's the story, I sold the 64 boy to someone in SC on the 31st, it arrived at his house on june 5, the same day he sent me a message saying it's not working, it giving him the error message av1 no signal, av2 no signal, av1 no signal.

We talked about it and he returned it for almost a full refund. So after the weekend he shipped it back to me on june 8th. I just got it back. And it appears that the 64 boy has been crushed.

The power switch, power led, and screen has been pushed in. The joystick no longer rotates all the way and to top it all off it doesn't even turn on anymore. I can't even get any voltage from the batteries anymore. Plus the box doesn't even appear crushed.

This is what I think really happened, it was accidentally crushed and he got a full refund and I'm left with a broken n64 portable and an empty paypal account.

What do you guys think?

Seems pretty suspicious if there was no damage on the box, but then again he would have had to break it in less than a day. This is why portables should be sold as-is.

Its a shame such a nice portable was destroyed like this and you were left with nothing. You could try contacting paypal, but I doubt they can do much considering its just a "he said - she said" type thing. Hope you figure this out soon. :confused:

dang, that's awful. I feel bad that it got destroyed and it isn't even mine. I can't even imagine what you feel like. People who don't even know how much work goes into these things can be so idiotic sometimes.

That sucks, I've been there before.

Either something happened on the way there and on the way back.

Also, one thing to consider, it might have, er, melted. Temperatures here in SC are hot. And in the back of a shipping truck? Holy Heck it can get hot, hot enough to significantly loosen glue, and a couple bumps on the road and there goes your portables internals. How is the case? That will tell you what really happened.

SS

Actually that makes perfect sense, the case seems structurally fine. I was thinking it looked like it half melted, all the things that are out of place have to do with glue. I suppose that must have been what happened.

mystery_mainsite_small.jpg

It doesn't explain why the batteries don't work anymore. Oh well, I've been trying to get a job, if I can get one I won't have to sell portables anymore. I can keep it as a hobby.

Could the heat have screwed up the batteries too, possibly? I'm sure it couldn't have been good for them, at any rate.

bentomo said:
It doesn't explain why the batteries don't work anymore. Oh well, I've been trying to get a job, if I can get one I won't have to sell portables anymore. I can keep it as a hobby.
batteries + heat?

T_W/gross are probably right, it makes sense that the batteries could have been cooked too. Maybe they are dead? :p

My thoughts as to the scenarios as they happened:

1. You shipped the unit out in great, working condition.
2. The heat from the shipping trucks caused the glue on the rcp wires to loose, potentially uprooting one of the wires with it, resulting in:
3. The buyer receiving the unit, everything seemingly working except video, because the n64 wasn't properly reading cartridges.
4. The buyer then ships the unit back, and the heat causes the remaining glue to melt, along with killing the batteries.
5. You get the unit back in said condition.

Can you tell me about how you packed it to ship to him, and how it appeared he packed it?

SS

He packed it in pretty much the same condition I did, very insulated, or at least I thought it was pretty protected.

Hopefully the batteries just need a charge to get up and running again, but that's a project for another day.

Google it. I'm sure they put out that kind of information. I'll put up a link to what you need to do if you tell me who you shipped with. (if you want)

I plan to file a claim but I have no idea where to start. I mailed it with the united states postal service.

I should be able to repair it but I need new batteries. That should be able to be replaced by insurance since I didn't make them and I bought them from batteryspace.com

Sorry to hear about that man..I know how it feels.. :/

I hope everything works out for you though! :D

Back