Is this worth it?

Basement_Modder

He who mods in thy basement.
1994 Ford Tempo, 4 door, new starter, good engine, 168,000 miles, 5-speed manual trans. in good shape, tan color, almost no dents, a tad bit of rust below rear bumper, not visible except beneath the car, aftermarket radio, and good A/C.

It's $750.

My only gripe is that it's been smoked in, but the windows were always down, and the nonsmoker in the family says its barely noticeable.

Has monster sticker on rear window.

Worth it?

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Are you sure there's no catch to it? Like, the car's rigged to die after 1000 miles?

Twilight Wolf said:
Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Are you sure there's no catch to it? Like, the car's rigged to die after 1000 miles?

Nope. No DMV fees, and a current registration.

Do you have enough money to repair it or some plan to replace it if it dies? 168k miles can be hard on a car real quick.

It should have enough life left in it, but I'll get it insured with my mom's car, in case stuff happens.

Also-it's actually an automatic trans.

Dang. :(

Oh well, guess I'll get a manual for my second car when this dies/ I go to college.

168k miles is quite a lot of miles. I would trust an aerostar with that kind of mileage, but not sure I'd trust a tempo.

Pfft, 168,000 isn't that much. Our Chrysler Town and Country has 220,000 or so and it's still goin'. That's the car I'm driving at the moment.

Twilight Wolf said:
Pfft, 168,000 isn't that much. Our Chrysler Town and Country has 220,000 or so and it's still goin'. That's the car I'm driving at the moment.
it depends on the car. As I said, an Aerostar I would trust. Ours had over 270,000 before we sold it.

Mega bump fail.

This is the official car I'm getting now:

1990 Ford Ranger

5-speed manual

Little rust

97k ORIGINAL miles

$650

2iqy592.jpg

n9xlj.jpg

Waddya think?

pickup trucks hold their value quite well. its a bit older than I'd want, but for a pickup, that's a pretty good deal. Enjoy the new truck.

Back