Is there anyway to Mod the AV Cable on Gamecube?

AndreeU

I was wondering if there is a mod or hack that we can work on that can allow the gamecube to be used with other forms of AV cables?
- TV's these days are coming without any AV input :(, all my TV's contain a new AV input that contains a Blue/Green wire rather than Yellow etc. I was told that it is, a better AV cable. I was wondering if there is away to solder an HDMI cable onto the motherboard itself.

I dont want nor care about better video quality, i just want to be able to use my gamecube on even newer TV's since thats all my dad seems to keep buying (Bigger size TV all the time lol)

Is it possible?

Not... really. That red/blue/green output from the GameCube is achievable but only with a specific $200 digital Component Cable for the GameCube. I'm assuming HDMI on GameCube is not well understood but you certainly can't use it without some extra hardware. NTSC GameCubes output S-Video in their AV port, but if your TV doesn't have composite (yellow) input, it probably doesn't have S-Video. PAL Cubes don't have S-Video but they do have RGB. There are SCART cables available for the GameCube but I don't know if your TV accepts that either.

I thought that my TV was un able to use composite as well. If you look in your input menu and see A/V, you can connect the composite video to the green input on the back and plight the white and red in their normal spots.

The magic man is right, you can usually just connect the yellow cable to the green connector and the white and yellow where they normally go to get it to work

Back