iPods n stuff

ToastBucket

tost
So I recently got an iPod classic 3rd gen (pretty old) and I want to replace the battery. I was wondering how you get the things open and what capacity the battery is in them. I'm hoping to put a higher capacity battery in there for longer battery life but I want to see the insides first.

Take a really thin screwdriver/razor blade, etc. and pry the aluminum and plastic halves apart.

I just got it open with some tweezers. I also ordered a battery. It's supposedly 1100maH but it's from ebay so who knows? :rolleyes:

This place has guides for pretty much every iPod, iPhone, and iPad model. They sell batteries and tools as well. They've been around for a while; at least since I was looking for a replacement battery for my 2g Nano a few years ago.

http://www.ipodjuice.com/

ToastBucket said:
They're expensive. The supposedly 1100maH battery I got on ebay was like $6

That's why the legit places charge more. :p You're guaranteed to actually get a brand new 1100mAh battery instead of a cleaned-up dead one or button cell in a real plastic case. :lol:

I got it. It says 1300maH on it :/ I replaced it and it seems to be working. We'll see. I'll do a time test some time.

Back