Internal games/External (Cartridge Slot) games switch

I'm going to soon make an N64 portable. I am going to put internal games with a switch to switch between external games or Mario Kart 64. How can I do it with just ONE switch?

Thanks ahead of time! :)

EDIT: Removed Smileys (So Many!)

goofybud16 said:
I'm going to soon make an N64 portable. I am going to put internal games with a switch to switch between external games or Mario Kart 64. How can I do it with just ONE switch?

Thanks ahead of time! :) :) :D :D
You'd need roughly 40 connections all switched off and on. It would be much easier to just keep the game external.

don't listen to mako, it is possible.

well, that is 40 switches and not one. that is what I was implying. you can do it bac style with them all under one plastic piece so they switch at once.

20 DPDT switches. The make switches with more, like 3, 4, etc.

I think if you just switch power on and off it might work though.

But if you're going to have multiple games inside you won't be able to do it with one switch unless there's only like two games.

I think it would be more worth it to shove 2 n64's into one case with one having mario kart hardwired in.

I was thinking it would be as simple as the power, not all the connectors. I am not going to shove two N64s into 1 N64 case. To complicated. When I start I will test if I only need to switch power or all the connections. I don't really care if you have to turn on the power or turn it off again to switch games. I was thinking that way if I forgot to take a cartridge with me, i could still play a good game.

If anyone can perform this test for me, I would really like it. I won't build in a game if I have to switch more than power. Thanks ahead if anyone does this test for me! :)

EDIT: Removed Smileys (There were to many!)

mako321 said:
well, that is 40 switches and not one. that is what I was implying. you can do it bac style with them all under one plastic piece so they switch at once.
Jesus Christ you're all being retarted.

Use a 48P-DT switching circuit. (you can actually use less than 48, as you can keep GND and power wired always.)

they are pretty hard to obtain. You could get 2 20 pole-double throw circuits and switch them both at the same time with a DP-DT switch.

Thanks Basement_Modder! :D Can you post the link to one of those switches if you find one. Don't care where. :)

EDIT: Removed Some Smileys!

It's going to be big, ugly, difficult to wire, and I think not worth it. But it's not my portable. Despite having some pretty bad OCD with YAP64, I haven't taken it that far.yet

well, think of trying to fit a cartridge in there. It would take a lot of wiring and space to do, and in the end what have you gained?

If you don't want to forget a cartridge then always leave a cartridge in it.

Back