Info on ds, please

TheNineRings

Official Hypello of ModRetro
Does the ds lite use tact switches? And can anybody post an image of the internals of the bottom half and a close up of the internals near the shoulder buttons.

That'll change with mine. My hinge broke and the shoulder buttons are screwed up, so I want to fix it with tact switches and abs cement. However, I would like a couple of reference pictures before I begin so I dont do something stupid. I opened a broken ds some time ago, but I wasnt really paying attention to what I might want to know either. :facepalm: I fail.

Not yet, need the correct screwdriver + tacts, havnt got any money to spare right now, though, so it will be a while before I try it. I'm nervous about messing with my only ds, but I have to or else I wont be able to get all of the endings on Chrono Trigger :wtf:

I did a bit of searching around. Nintendo DS Lite Repair Guide, courtesy of robm. I thought it might help. It should be put on the Mega-Sticky.

And as for the triwing screws, I used a screwdriver from an eyeglass repair kit. Or, for more detail:
[url=http://forums.modretro.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=362:3ufofhwp]on an ancient thread[/url] said:
A 2mm flathead screwdriver normally works.
They might be the same size.

Also, fix'd quote.

Not well, as I found an opportunity I can't ignore, at least for me. I know two people, one with a ds with a broken top screen and hinge, and one with a ds with broken bottom screen and somewhat glitchy motherboard. I wish to buy both and use to create a functioning one. Also, I want the batteries. Any good sites to get tact switches from?

Back