I'm officially going to do my first portable, any tips?

Hey guys, I ordered my Nintendo 64 yesterday and this Sunday I am going to get some tools, and stuff to make a vacuum form table. I have decided to do the 64 portable because there seems to be a lot of support for it. If anybody has any tips for a newb please don't hesitate to tell them to me. thanks.

ummmm. make sure you dont short anything. when relocating the cart slot be extra careful. and hopefully it wont look terrible usually first portables are. GOOD LUCK. read the mega stickes and dont be afraid to break stuff because you will.

Get an extra N64. Get several extra N64s. Don't try to be too ambitious- no RCP, expansion pak relocations, or tiny cases.

XCVG said:
Get an extra N64. Get several extra N64s. Don't try to be too ambitious- no RCP, expansion pak relocations, or tiny cases.
Thanks for the advice. I will try to get it with one N64 ( isn't that the object). I am not doing any expansion pack relocations or RCP, or small cases, I don't really fell confident enough to trim the board. I will get more elaborate as I make more portables.

I fried two in the process of building YAP64. The first was a stupid mistake- I bridged 3.3V and 12V. The second, I'm still not sure how I fried it. I think I put 12V through the controller port or something.

Back