I provide Sega Nomad screen, battery, & region mods

themadhacker

Crazy Train
Since Hail is no longer doing this, I'll do it.

pretty much the same as the services he did, I replace the old blurry screen with a better looking, more efficient one. You send me your nomad and I'll install the new screen.

Also doing battery mods now. What I do is take one of the old clip on battery packs for the nomad (the old rechargable ones or the AAA ones, I do both) and install a new lithium ion rechargable battery rated at 2500 mah.

Also, I provide s-video mods for the nomad. stock, the nomad only had rgb (useless in the states) or composite out, but never s-video. This mod allows you to hook up for sega nomad up to your tv via a standard s-video cable (able not included).

UPDATE!! Now I will region mod your nomad to play both PAL and JAP games. This is very useful for those in Europe since it was never released there.

Update #2! I can also mod your nomad to play master system games. It will work with any power base converter, but I suggest you use the one made for the model 2 genesis, aftermarket, or the everdrive cartridge. The original power base converter will need to be taken apart to fit, but it does work fine.

PM me for prices.

Here's a sample of the s-video mod done on my own nomad.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yes2_d1gUkY

And here's a video of the screen, battery, and region mods
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bix64MUB ... tube_gdata

If I still had my nomad I'd commission you.
You're prices are excellent :awesome:
Hope you get some good business.

Hi themadhacker.

I live in France.

I bought a Sega Nomad and I would like you to make screen, battery, & region mods.

it is unmodded and I own the rechargable battery pack, which is not working.

Do you still perform these mods?

May I send my Nomad to you? Where are you from?
How much would these mods cost?

Many thanks for your reply.

chris829

Hi I am very interested in getting a battery pack and maybe a new screen. Can you tell me how much to ship off a battery pack modded?

Thanks

Hey, I would be very interested on getting some of this work done. Will PM you some details if you still offer this service.

Back