I got an Emac!

Yoshilime M.R.

Master of Limes
My aunt used to be a teacher, so she gave me her old emac! Im hoping it has an airbus card installed, so it can be my 2nd/3rd computer. I don't know, but i think they are kind of un-common. Pics, tomorrow (because the stores not open, ya' know). What should i do with it?

It's called airport lol, not airbus.

And no, they aren't really uncommon or rare at all. They were sold for education, so there aren't flax tons of them, but they're not uncommon.

If your HDD fails, you're *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ed. They made the HDD THE HARDEST PART TO ACCESS. You have to tear apart your whole machine to get to it.

Other then that, eMacs are pretty decent. I've never had a problem with it until the hard drive failed.

The HDD is easy to get to. The whole thing is. The CRT in them is decent; the hardware is comparable to an iBook G4, so don't try to push lots of videos and it should be fine as a basic computer.

I was just thinking of having it as a you know, secondary computer, as in a place to write word documents and stuff. Oh, and snow, i know, uncommon, but not really rare, but cool to have, it's like a desktop G4

Yoshilime M.R. said:
I was just thinking of having it as a you know, secondary computer, as in a place to write word documents and stuff. Oh, and snow, i know, uncommon, but not really rare, but cool to have, it's like a desktop G4

Not uncommon at all. I have like 4? Desktop G4s are even less uncommon :p

They're not great. Just use it for like documents or homework and stuff like you said, don't try loading it with music and videos and stuff.

And I can conform that WoW WORKS on it, so you might be able to load a few games on there too.

*Sigh* Hooked it u, slower than a turtle, plus i need to find some device that can help it get wifi besides an aircard Extreme.

Don't judge its speed until you put a fresh install of leopard on it.

STOP SAYING AIRCARD. IT'S AN AIRPORT CARD.

Also, inbefore anyone says "DUR INSTALL TIGER INSTEAD ITS FASTER" - Leopard, with the 3D Dock disabled, is far faster and more useful than tiger will ever be.

Last time I was at an Apple store in Phoenix, a copy of Leopard was like $30.

Welcome to the eMac club! :p

I loved mine until the caps died. I replaced them and it worked for a month until more caps died. ::3:

Back