I decided to dust off the ol' n64...

TheNineRings

Official Hypello of ModRetro
I decided to dust off my ol' n64 and I search through my very limited library of games. I was like "Goldeneye no, mario 64 no, asteroids 64 no, banjo kazooie no, Legend of Zelda OoT YES!!!"

Well, I put it in, start playing, and it freezes as soon as I shoot the corner of the red building after using the song of storms in order to open up the shadow temple, AND THE GAME FROZE!!! :wtf: This happens every single time. Is there any way I can save this copy of LoZ: Oot? I have another copy, but due to my amazing good luck I cant find it, which means in my room it is gone for good. Any help here please?

probably an error with your save file. The first time I ever played Majora's Mask at my friend's house, my game had an error where I'd die every time I got health. The issue was only with my save file.

Alright, I'll try that. It should only take me around eight hours, IF I remember how to get through the Fire Temple. I hate that one. I tend to got through the water one before it, it's much easier... Anyways I put it in forum 47 seeing as I thought it wouldnt fit correctly in the n64 section as it is not talking about modding something, and also I thought that it would fit seeing as it is one of the things that is happening in my life. It's like one of those things that people would post randomly like "hey did you know that I'm making a set of Samurai armor out of cardboard?". Which I am actually doing by the way, it's an art project. I would play goldeneye but I only have standard N64 controllers AND (many people will cry foul about this) I dont like Goldeneye. I hate the standard nintendo controllers, they suck. I've been thinking about getting one of those things that lets me use a gamecube controller on it. Lesson for the day is: Legos sell very well on ebay. Seriously, I saw ten pounds of legos sell on ebay for seventy one dollars. Alright, rant over now. I'm sorry, I drank strong coffee a couple of minutes ago (excuses excuses :gonk: ) I feel weird right now. Alright rant is REALLY over now.

YESSS! IT WORKS!!!

Here's the scoop. The method that I had been using was (apparently) one that you are not usually supposed to use. What I would do is go to Kakariko Village, and play the song of storms underneath a tree. When the affects of that still lasted, I would shoot the corner of the shooting gallery with a fire arrow, initiating the sequence. What happens normally (I think) is this. Nintendo assumes that you will wander around with your awesome new toy(fire arrows). You then wander into Kakariko Village WITH the fire arrows equipped. This initiates the story sequence with the fire and the rain and the well and the Sheik and the Bongo Bongo.

Can anybody else confirm this? I have a feeling that it may be confined only to my copy of the game, and that under the correct circumstances when you do this it will freeze instead of initiating a story sequence. Who would've thought, right?

Back