I Can't Think of a Good Name for this NES & DMG

Here's a set I did. I have the Fallout Boy and I guess what I'd call the Industrial NES.

Anyway, the DMG is heavily modified: Prosound, custom paint, translucent green buttons, green 4 LED backlight. New screen protector (plastic film is still on it) custom power LED for a cooler post-apocalyptic look. She's sexy, but impractical for anything outside of live Chiptune shows.

d433cf90-38a5-4308-8522-5770a6a8086d_zps14888178.jpg

CIMG2539_zpsfa3a5f31.jpg

CIMG2540_zpsff5fa5a7.jpg

And a video for more details and my dorky sounding voice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adihQlycf3E

And here's an NES in the same motif. Not quite done, as I am waiting for my translucent green buttons for the controllers. In any case, this has custom paint, green LED, defeated lockout chip, and a refurbished 72 pin connector.
CIMG2565_zps4e87580d.jpg

CIMG2563_zps546ead47.jpg

CIMG2567_zps0c285acd.jpg

CIMG2568_zps15f3a2c3.jpg

And a shot of them together.
CIMG2569_zpsd727a9e0.jpg

heh, like dont cross the streams? that was my second thought.
my first thought was zomfgItsAdinosaur; "is it heavy? then its probably expensive..put it down."

yo couldn't help but notice that little green sign thing. is that place in santa cruz? the only place i've found that sells old video game stuff is streetlight records.

oh and both of these mods are way tight.

ToastBucket said:
yo couldn't help but notice that little green sign thing. is that place in santa cruz? the only place i've found that sells old video game stuff is streetlight records.

oh and both of these mods are way tight.

level Up Video Games is on Locust, just off of Pacific Ave.
I'm their Mod/Repair tech. That store is SICK! I shop there extensively, they carry everything (re. EVERYTHING) and both of these mods are for sale in the shop.

You should stop by.

ttsgeb said:
Oh, Have I mentioned yet that this is freakin' awesome?
Great Job. :D
Thank you.
Stay tuned, I'm working on a few more right now, and they'll be featured on my youtube channel as part of one of my tutorials.

teh_d3th_st4r said:
level Up Video Games is on Locust, just off of Pacific Ave.
I'm their Mod/Repair tech. That store is SICK! I shop there extensively, they carry everything (re. EVERYTHING) and both of these mods are for sale in the shop.

You should stop by.

its downtown? Dang i had no idea it was there. i'll definitely check it out once i get back next week.
if you're into audio at all, there's a really nice used audio equipment shop on front street (next to the sushi place i think). im not sure what their prices are like, but they have some niiiiiiice gear in there.

ToastBucket said:
if you're into audio at all, there's a really nice used audio equipment shop on front street (next to the sushi place i think). im not sure what their prices are like, but they have some niiiiiiice gear in there.

My dad is an engineer for Creative Labs E-Mu... I am never in want of sound equipment.

teh_d3th_st4r said:
My dad is an engineer for Creative Labs E-Mu... I am never in want of sound equipment.
Sound Blasters. Sound Blasters everywhere.

Back