How can i test whether the small display works?

AndreeU

Hi, I've been working on my portable for over a month maybe going into my 2nd month. I'm not having issues but more like money issue as i cant afford to buy all the materials at once. Last night i finally got my VGA i think 3.5" display for my portable. I understand the connections and how to use it however, i havent had the chance of buying some protective circuits, battery packs etc. So i have no way to power the console to test whether the display works. Can i simply resolder the power port to test the display? Or whats another way that i can power the system to test the display? i'm not looking for 5+ hour of gameplay, a good hour or 2 is fine. This is my first portable so im not hoping to make it perfect, this is my learning tool. So how can i work around the power since i'm low on money and i cant afford any supplies as of yet.

If you want to test it with the n64, yes, you better resolder the port, but if you just want to be sure screen is working, use anything that has a video output, like a dvd player, and just strip one end of the wires and solder them on the screen, it will surely works!

Back